Sunday, October 27, 2019

Quasi-Sight Reading Fun Plus Endurance Work

First... I dug up some old sheet music I haven't really touched in many years.

There's Tchaikovsky's Marche Slav, a rather watered down version admittedly, but still very entertaining and fun to play with.


And then there's Ippolitov-Ivanov's Caucasian Sketches, which I don't know too much about beyond that it's inspired by the folk music of the Caucasus mountains in Russia.

This morning, I had some fun with my barbell training, which included lots of critical fumbles on my snatches, but after observing the footage, I realized that I am too forward weighted and I'm STILL rowing the bar towards myself. My CNS is apparently a lot more fried than I thought from 20.3 with the 45x95 lb deadlifts and 45x135 lb deadlifts when I'm weighing in around 140 lbs.  Those 135 lb deadlifts felt both easier and harder! 





I did much better on the runs, and I was generally pretty consistent in my times on my shorter runs. The longer runs were a bit of an obstacle course because of the massive art festival next to the gym, but I think I still held up pretty well. 



No comments: