Sunday, October 20, 2019

And 20.2 Is In The Books...

I had to scale 20.2.  I am NOWHERE near doing toes-to-bars. Even hanging knee raises are generally difficult for me.  The 35 lb dumbbell thrusters and double unders aren't too bad for me, even if I will be slower than a tortoise.

Basically 20.2 for me as a scaled athlete was a 20 minute AMRAP of 4 dumbbell thrusters (20 lbs), 6 hanging knee raises, and 24 single unders.  I was thrilled to have completed just over 22 rounds without any stops aside from when it got a little too hot and I had to shed a layer of clothing.  My judge was amazing, and she crushed it at 27 rounds I think.  I was just thankful that I didn't collapse, stop, have a hypoglycemia episode, or otherwise think I was going to die.  This was nowhere as spectacular as my 20.1 performance, where I *almost* finished 80% of the WOD at RX, but still a respectable one given that I am extremely weak in gymnastics and usually fumble with the jumprope.

Coach J has taught me exceptionally well for breathing technique!







No comments: