Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Power Clean Experiment

So there's been some experimenting with my clean form because I have a tendency to row the barbell in past my knee as well as not having my posterior chain firing off properly.  Coach J has had me experiment with changing my starting position yet again, including adjusting the height of my hips and/or the width of my stance along with speeding up my initial pull to give me LESS time to think about what I'm doing and just go through. 

These are both with my higher hipped starts, complete with some cues to help me get started.  Ideally, the bar path is almost entirely straight up.  In reality with the way I tend to move, the bar tends to follow a much more curved path as I row it in.  I get to work on my deficit deadlifts and pulls once more to make sure my posterior chain gets properly engaged as well as adjusting my timing so I can get a stronger clean!




No comments: