Sunday, March 10, 2019

Lifting and Professional Development

First, there was the STEAM Showcase (aka science fair) this past Thursday. I will not post any pictures of my students, especially with them being minors, but they put up one heck of a battle despite the odds being against us.  I wasn't too happy about giving up my barbell or pre-CrossFit Open WOD evening, but sometimes, there's obligations that unfortunately like to interfere with my schedule.  On the other hand, I was very happy to see one of my proteges making it through the interviews when the vast majority did not even score an interview.  






And then there was learning more about developmentally appropriate practices for not only kindergarten (the original intended audience) but also pre-K and students whose development might not quite be ready to actually learn how to read and write.


As far as lifting goes, I survived 19.3 without any vomiting or diarrhea or even dry-heaving, even if my respiratory system was talking to be a fair amount.  Killer Parakeet still refuses to give a thumbs-up, but then again, I don't know if parakeets can even lunge, even if he's a mutant!


And of course, no week is complete without at least something involving cleans, jerks, snatches, squats, or deadlifts! Neither of my heavy lifts were particularly strong or clean, but considering I survived 19.3, I was just relieved I was able to approach my 90-95% without too much issue.  



No comments: