Sunday, March 03, 2019

A Few More Pictures from the GRIT Strength Challenge and CrossFit Open 19.2

I suspect many, many more pictures will be trickling in from the GRIT Strength Challenge. I didn't compete, but I certainly got myself into a fair number of pictures as a judge and playing with the Hercules Hold Challenge.  These photographs below are courtesy of C. K. Johnson, who put in an amazing amount of time and energy into creating quality photographs along with I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography and others to help capture moments of intensity.








This is a photograph of a newspaper clipping, courtesy of the one and only T. Harris, who has kept me going in CrossFit and has been an amazing partner in mischief and mayhem.

And then there was the CrossFit Open 19.2 WOD.  Killer Parakeet did NOT approve and hid inside my bag to avoid the spectacle.  This was a repeat of an Open WOD in 2016, where I choked on the 95 lbs. This time, I missed completing the round of 95 lb squat cleans by a single rep while trying NOT to vomit or spray diarrhea everywhere.  Then again, if I got to the round of 9x115 lb squat cleans, the hanging knee raises and single unders would probably have pushed me across the brown line. I gave the brown line a good distance this time!


No comments: