Saturday, March 02, 2019

GRIT Strength Challenge 2019

CrossFit Iron Legion, in conjunction with Ocala Parks and Recreation, held our first GRIT Strength Challenge at the Ft. King National Monument.  I volunteered and judged the overhead squat and shoulder to overhead log station along with my training partner, so I didn't really compete except for this little thing called the Hercules Hold, which can best be described by the pictures below...
















I also got to spend some time with friends, including those who competed and those who judged with me.  I think I had a little too much fun heckling folks as well.



The action was certainly intense today! No barbells in sight, and plenty of feats of strength, fortitude, and of course, grit.  My camera farted in my general direction, but my phone did step up to the challenge thankfully.



































































































































































































































































































No comments: