Sunday, November 10, 2019

Fenrir's Mayhem Skill Stations

All of these photographs are courtesy of I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography.  This was all from the Friday night skill stations.

Berserker complex was a bit of a hot, steaming mess for me because I rushed my lifts, although I knew the push press was a bit of a choke point. Then again, the squat cleans weren't as bad, and I was able to knock out several reps of those at 95 lbs, a feat I couldn't have pulled off a few months ago.  My form wasn't too good, but I was still able to incorporate a significant portion of what I learned from Coach J to keep things looking reasonably decent.









Then there was Snatchsquatch, which I was able to do 2 years ago, but it was a very close call, and it was a massive struggle.  It was still rough, and my form left quite a bit to be desired, but I was able to incorporate the changes that Coach J had me doing, and it made a very difficult event a slightly less difficult event.








Then there were the two wildcard events: Hounds of Garmr, which involved a Hercules Hold and if successful, pulling a sled 100' with a rope from a stationary stance.  I didn't succeed...




Then there was the Ride to Hel, which was basically lots of throwing that darned sandbag around and doing burpees in 90 seconds. I missed it by a single rep, which I might have gotten if I didn't fumble with the bag so much.



No comments: