Thursday, November 21, 2019

CrossFit Open 2020: Valkyrie Photography Style

As always, thank you I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography for these amazing shots!

CrossFit Open 20.1: 15 minute AMRAP of 8x65 lb ground to overheads and 10x bar-facing burpees.  I did this one at RX level.  This was by far my strongest event!





Here's another shout-out to the one and only J. Philyaw (right), who is an amazing mentor and coach as well as friend and musician.  He has been a major voice of inspiration and has gotten me to do things in CrossFit and weightlifting that I didn't think were even humanly possible for me!

CrossFit Open 20.2: 20 minute AMRAP of 4x 20 lb dumbbell thrusters, 8 hanging knee raises, and 24 single unders. This was a scaled WOD, as I don't have toes-to-bars just yet




CrossFit Open 20.3: 9 minute time cap, 21-15-9 of 95 lb deadlifts and hand-release pushups followed by 21-15-9 of 135 lb deadlifts with a 50 foot bear crawl between each round of deadlifts. This was a scaled WOD, as I don't have hand-stand anything just yet.


CrossFit Open 20.4: 20 minute time cap of a 15x35 lb clean and jerks, 15 box overs, 15x55 lb clean and jerks, 15 box overs, 10x75 lb clean and jerks, 15 box overs, 10x95 lb clean and jerks, 15 box overs with the 14 lb wall ball, 5x115 lb clean and jerks, 15 box overs with 14 lb wall ball, 5x135 lb clean and jerks, 15 box overs with 14 lb wall ball.  I died at the 115 lb clean and jerks. I didn't quite clean the 115 lb bar, although I think I could have dropped under the bar if I didn't fry my legs prior.  Jerks may have been a different beast... I did it scaled. 













And here's a shout-out to one of the greatest heroes, T. Harris, in my CrossFit journey, who has done a wonderful job of pulling my cranium out of my alimentary canal as well as keeping me even more accountable than the amazing J. Philyaw, who has been one of my greatest mentors and sources of inspiration at the gym.

CrossFit Open 20.5: 20 minutes of partitioned as needed 120 wall balls and 80 calorie row plus 40 muscle ups. I did this as an RX workout, so I did zero muscle ups but knocked out the 14 lb wall balls and 80 calories as fast as I could.  It was quite the spectacle!




No comments: