Monday, December 31, 2007

Gainesville-Hawthorne Trail

I had to wuss out about 5-6 miles into the trail from realizing that I needed a lot more food than the 3 granola bars I had on me (already about 3-4 miles from home by my guess) but I had some delightful sights. Unfortunately, my camera also decided to go on vacation just as things got really good with the raptor sightings. I still got some landscapes, including Alachua Lake (or as I think of it, "sink") and the northern rim of Paynes Prairie.

Maybe tomorrow I'll do the entire trail, which I think will provide me with a 30ish mile round trip. It's a really nice trail, well-traveled, and just absolutely beautiful. Plus the weather is fairly cooperative, so maybe I'll pass up my chance to hunt and instead go on this little journey that I've been itching to do for quite some time. Now if there was only a way of getting my hunting mentor on a bike without letting the seat violate him too badly...

No comments: