Friday, December 07, 2007

First Kill with Sparrowhawk

I really need to take the time to check the targets closely before I take shots at them, especially with dusk creeping in.


My Eyes: The target looks slightly more chewed up than usual but it'll make it easier to see.
My Brain: Maybe we should check it in case it's a another lizard. Don't exactly want a re-run of what happened with the Martin X-200.
The Ranger: We're running a bit low on time, should be safe plus my accuracy sucks enough for it not to be an issue.
(First shot hits slightly to the side, second hits the center, something can be seen writhing and something kinda pinkish/red squirts out too.
My Eyes: Uhh, I think that was a lizard or something.
My Brain: Crap. I agree with Eyes. We should've checked first, but no, the Ranger didn't listen.
The Ranger: Finally another kill, but sheesh, I need to kill something with serious nutritional value. Hey, when are we going hunting again? I need to relieve some deer or hog of its blood pressure! (Huge rush of excitement passes through even at the slaying of a little fence lizard)

No comments: