Tuesday, December 11, 2007

From the Depths of my Camera...

...Come pictures of a magnificent, beautiful raptor. I was hoping to get a better view and better lighting so I could stand a chance of at least identifying to genus, but just being within a few meters of it was a thrill enough. I can guess to one of two families -- either Accipteridae or Falconidae. The body build makes me think it could be something within Accipteridae, but when it flew off, the tapered wings made me think more along the lines of Falconidae. I'm willing to put my bets more towards Falconidae though because of the wings and the facial markings. The camera just doesn't do this magnificent raptor justice. Below are my two best shots but clicking on the title will let you see the rest of the pictures as well as these two better shots.

No comments: