Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Ranger

The Ranger is growing stronger and stronger in me, which is exactly what I don't need for my academic situation, but I guess there's worse things that could come up than the Ranger. On one hand, the Ranger certainly gives me a sense of determination and toughness to get things done, but on the other hand, it also makes me restless, only wanting to be out in the wilds with my trusty bow or following the wind on my bike.

Worst places for the Ranger to emerge:
-- while trying to get term projects done
-- at a professional conference
-- social situation that requires being an (over)refined sissy
-- any situation involving enforced inactivity

Best places for the Ranger to emerge:
-- hunting
-- exploring new areas
-- archery tournaments
-- any situation involving strenuous, sustained activity

Now if I can only get selected features of the Ranger to emerge and/or (de)activate it at will instead of having it emerge in full at inappropriate times! It's much easier to fall into the Ranger than to come out of it and it's pretty much the most natural entity in me. Will the Ranger protect me from upcoming hazards?

No comments: