Friday, April 11, 2008

Imladrien and Tinuvion Bits

So I'm one of these people who's generally antisocial by nature but I do enjoy the occasional concert. Only problem is that a lot of my favorite bands tend to bypass Florida or if they come anywhere near, it's always either during midterms or the early part of finals. Anyway, I've been getting my concert fix via YouTube and just watching a few videos here and there when my brain has been reduced to sushi and my muscles are jello. Of late, I've been watching a lot of footage of Moenia concerts, not having been able to see them live during their Solar tour and I thought I saw some clips that looked dead-on like what I visualized Vincent/Tinuvion to look like during a Geeksters concert but this last one really hit the nail on the head. Click on the title to see what I'm visualizing.

I'll also have a cleaned up version posted later today now that I've cleaned out what I see as some pretty big bugs. The story/manuscript will continue to evolve for a bit but this one that I'll be posting soon is a lot closer to what I'm thinking. Eventually I'll also have a FAQ about The Lay of Imladrien and Tinuvion when more questions roll in.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to go and poke at the laundry machine to see if it's done so I can stuff my laundry in my closet and haul my tail to campus. I like early weekday mornings where I don't have to compete with expletive-worthy creatures that hog the machines and are awful about punctuality with respect to getting stuff out. There's going to be another talk by Peter Vitousek of Stanford, a noteworthy researcher on nutrient (P, N) cycling. I usually try to avoid un-necessary sitting down time, but a researcher with papers that inspired me years ago talking about inherently cool things like remote sensing and biogeochemical cycling does trump that need to be on the move. Why can't there be more seminars on inherently cool things like biogeochemistry, toilets, bug-eating plants, chemical reaction dynamics, boogers, pesticides, combat mechanics and remote sensing? Why do so many seminars have to revolve around inherently uncool things too numerous to name but are usually overemphasized in most college/university curricula?

No comments: