Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Beat This at 20 Yards!

Even if I've been spending most of my shooting time with either Tehanu or Sparrowhawk, I still shoot the River's Edge (Arroyo 1 piece recurve w/static limb tips, 54" AMO, 50 lbs @ 28" draw) really darn well. Today though, I shot a freakishly good group from 20 yards and got all 4 arrows in the center, didn't count the number of X's because the compound shooters destroyed the center. I don't think I've ever shot a group this good with any other traditional bow at 20 yards. Heck, this is even better than what I get with the Equalizer at the same distance, at least when I'm shooting with the Evolution butt, er, back-tension release. It's comparable to what I get with the Sweet Spot 4 on a "bleh" day, think the only setups that can consistently trump this one are the Sweet Spot 4 on a really good day or the Wildcat caliper on most days.

Ok time for me to return to atrophying my muscles, er, working on my land tenure paper. But maybe I'll sneak in a grocery run first, I'm running a bit low on vegetables again!

No comments: