Saturday, April 26, 2008

FAQ 2/n and Hopefully Stable Version

I really hate having the kind of indigestion where I don't want to go to sleep for fear of having an embarrassing accident. So I'm going to take advantage of my stomach troubles. I swear, I'm going to be a lot more careful with my hot sauce portions and heed warnings of "this is extra hot!" I keep thinking back to a friend who once said "Hot food is hot twice, once going in and once coming out."

In other words, I've posted what is hopefully a relatively stable version of Imladrien until I finish up this series and can start streamlining and debugging everything. Most of the work on this one has been clean-up and adding an epilogue after deciding which one I liked best. I also added a little "musical" number from Imladrien after recalling that she also has some musical talent and there was some material from a past incarnation that I really liked but hadn't been able to implement very well, along with a bit more introspection/thinking from the two titular characters.

As for the FAQ, here goes...

Q: How far into the future is this?
A: Well, on the order of 20-25 years. I actually did put in a small hint on far into the future this was. I'll let you see if you can find it. There are some temporal inaccuracies that I'll be working out eventually.

This is more of a general FAQ for the entire series although still more pointed towards Imladrien

Q: Will Joanne/Soronthrel return to have a more active role in later stories?
A: I honestly don't know.

Q: Who (or what) was Oleg based on?
A: Pretty much an amalgam of various grad student stereotypes along with someone I once knew who had some issues with personal hygiene and a colleague who's really obsessed with fungus.

Q: Do we get to find out more about Iliiryana's early past as we did about Cylithera?
A: Most likely.

Q: In Secrets it was implied that Iliiryana is related to Killer Parakeet. How the hell is that possible when they're completely different species?
A: That will be explained in a future story. There's things about Killer Parakeet that don't quite meet the eye.

Q: You showed us some of the words of power the Sarkany used and one from the Sidhe. What about the Alfar?
A: Eventually. My Gaelic dictionary doesn't quite have the range as my Hungarian dictionary does.

Q: So what's up with the Vladivostok giants? Who or what are they and why do they have such a beef with Cylithera?
A: You'll see eventually. I haven't thought that far ahead.

Q: Will any of the professors besides Captain Greywolf and Joanne have any serious adventures like the Geeksters?
A: Not very likely, but who knows.

Q: Compound bow and academics aside, how closely do some of the events parallel real life?
A: Varies across the story and characters. Things will have to unfold to really say, but I suspect that some of it might be a warning of what might happen if I'm not careful and roll enough critical fumbles.

No comments: