Monday, January 14, 2008

Then and Now Part 1 of n

So I'm sitting up later than I should be staying up with some indigestion -- maybe snacking on those jalapenos wasn't such a brilliant idea after all, although they did seem to be a good idea at the time to relieve some allergies. I was doing a bit of hard drive cleanup and dug up some random pictures and I also looked at various pictures of me shooting the Equalizer. Is it me, or do I just seem to have a growing expression of what a really good friend of mine refers to as the "sealed-shut colon" look with the more as I use a progressively more "accurate and precise" release? I have to admit though, that Evolution release certainly took enough effort to use to make me not want to shoot it after a meal of jalapenos!

Figure: Leftmost panel -- Scott Sabertooth caliper release. Center panel -- Carter Evolution. Right panel -- TRU Ball Sweet-Spot 4.

I also dug up an old field-work picture from the controlled burn at Goethe last year. I think the wrong person's on the ground considering how well cooked my duct-tape crawl traps were!


I also dug up a picture that makes me wonder what I look like when I do follow-through with a back-tension release of any sort. Do I make funny faces too? Now I'm really curious. This was from October 2006 when I first learned how to shoot a compound and was getting my first lessons. That felt like a lifetime ago!


Coming next time (maybe): something very similar to this for traditional archery... if I'm motivated. Or maybe I'll have more pictures of forest mensuration textbooks or random interesting critters I see roaming around. Who knows. Right now my brain is feeling like a TIN model and I'm trying to capture the terrain as best as I can. Now if I can only make more progress in losing my gut, going beyond 1-2 full push-ups per sitting and moving forward in my research and in the Dunheasa series. I'm still standing next to one of our heroes in the enchanted forest that was once Gainesville, FL and trying to make heads or tails of the mysterious creature who looks like a typical compound shooter but casts a radically different shadow...

No comments: