Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Random Bite-lings

Is it me, or am I just TA'ing a class that's inherently got a lot of terms that invoke heavy snickering? Think about it. The class I'm TA'ing is called Forest Mensuration. Cruising -- strip and line-plot. There's a vest specifically designed for this kind of work called a cruising vest. Truth is though, cruising vests are some of the best pieces of clothing ever designed -- I know I love fishing vests, but the cruising vest is a step up from the already wonderful fishing vest. Then there's DBH (diameter @ breast-height, ie, 4.5 ft or 1.37 m from the ground on the uphill side of the tree). I could probably go on and on about all the things in forest mensuration (or measurements if you can't see that term without laughing hard enough to cause a stroke) that cracks people up.

Nothing quite compares to having my freezer filled up with little packages of venison from a deer I killed. My friend was finally able to catch the butcher (who also doubles as a preacher and is thus almost impossible to catch) and put the meat where it belongs -- in my freezer and eventually my stomach.


Sparrowhawk, 22 yards while tired:

No comments: