Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Still My 'Mate

I've gotten my hands on some really awesome bows in the last several months, especially Sparrowhawk and a yet-to-be-named short recurve from River's Edge Recurves... but nothing is quite as comfortable as Sorondil-Telcontar, my little Chek-Mate Hunter I. Even with wooden arrows in fairly sad shape and not quite spined right, I can still hit the target or at least within a reasonably tight confidence interval.

And here's some gratuitous pictures from the field, including some weird part on a Serenoa repens and the vehicle from hell I have to drive to and from the parking lot. Thank goodness I haven't had to drive it to Austin Cary Forest!

3 comments:

tradglenn said...

Wow this is odd!

I found your blog while looking up some Forestry technical information. See I am a forestry student at Lake City Community College just north of you. And I am also a member of TBOF and have talked with your friend Robert a couple of times.

Small world!

Anyways I will bookmark your blog and keep up with your adventures both forestry and archery. I might even open my own blog.

Glenn Whittington

Cylithera said...

Whoa it is a small world! Will you be at TBoF at the end of this month? I will assuming my professors aren't too evil ;)

tradglenn said...

Absolutely! I'm assuming your talking about the spring shoot in Ocala.

That is one shoot I don't miss...
I will look for Robert and introduce myself.