Saturday, May 26, 2007

Central Florida 3-D Circuit Shoot @ Bunnell



All of the first place winners in their respective divisions.



This was only a 5-point shot, but I got her in the carotid artery. Can you say, a nice quick kill and plenty of blood, had she been flesh and blood? I probably got more anatomical kills than high-point shots, but what the heck, with the wind and bits of rain that turned my fletching into a post-bath Pomeranian, sometimes any foam is better than no foam!

I took first place in Traditional with 166/300 points and my opponent had 164/300. I also just found out that now that I've shot at 2 of the Central Florida Circuit 3-D shoots, I can qualify for Shooter of the Year. My opponent, an older gentleman who shoots a longbow, has also attended 2 tournaments and is slightly ahead of me in total points. I really want to attend the next shoot, which is on Sunday, June 24 in Zellwood, and then the July championships at Forest Archers in Ocala -- I think I stand a pretty good chance of getting Shooter of the Year in Traditional! My newly-found archrival is actually a better shot than I am, but our scores are close enough that I really want to battle this one out to the end.

No comments: