Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fun Right Before the Liquid Sunset





I went shooting some of my colleagues today and shared the joys of archery with them. It was a real blast, especially considering two of us had just finished finals. Our trusty photographer (not in the pics) also survived his qualifier exams so it seemed fitting that he goofed off. The only down-side I think is that I may have to be a lot more protective of my little Chek-Mate -- the post-doc in our group instantly fell in love with Sorondil-Telcontar as soon as he took a few shots on it. I don't blame him (or the rest of the party) for drooling at my bow. I have to admit, the post-doc has some nice bows himself, including a pair of classic Fred Bear bows, both a recurve and a compound. It was also a photograph moment watching everyone's faces when they saw me shooting the compound, even if it also got a lot of "whoa, that looks like a torture device"-type comments. It was a well spent afternoon with my colleagues and just being vegetables with weapons. Archery is indeed addictive!

No comments: