Friday, May 25, 2007

A New Experiment Brews On



Time to see what broadhead/shaft combination gives me the best results. I'm fixin' to hunt me some deer or hogs this fall, assuming my experiments produce something useful and I can find a setup that yields the smallest possible variance and smallest possible error function in my model. So far, I've had 2 catastrophic misses that resulted in lost arrows in a nice patch of poison oak / huge nest wasps/hornets and they were both with my four-bladed. Flight was excellent, but the first two shots were my "let's see how close it is to my usual aim at 20 yards into a little block designed to stop broadheads".

Time to apply my statistical training! More as I make progress and hopefully I don't lose anymore shafts! I really need to find somewhere I can shoot broadheads without being harassed by humans or bugs with stingers...

No comments: