Monday, January 01, 2007

Traditional Fun





I tried my new arrows for the first time on Friday and got pretty good results... considering that I'm fairly rusty in my traditional shooting and had to work to get my form back to par. I forgot that 40-50 yards is VERY difficult for me, but even when I missed, my arrows always came back to me. Nothing broke, nothing came off, but darn, my bow nailed those arrows in harder than some compounds I've been around! It's amusing knowing that my recurve is nailing those arrows in deeper at 40 yards than my compound coach's 61 lb compound does at the same distance, although a lot of it is also the weight distribution on the arrow. I also tried a precision drill at 15 yards and while I wasn't quite able to hit the bull's eye on those tiny little things, I did get a pretty good group once I got my form back together. I think these arrows are a real set of winners in my book and hopefully I'll be able to nail some 3-D targets at the upcoming TBoF shoot this month! It's very refreshing to shoot traditional and I think I've decided that even if I am a lot more competetive and have a blast with my compound, I still love my recurve more!

No comments: