Sunday, January 28, 2007

End of January Updates...

Besides trying to nail my prospectus together and surviving my classes, not too much else has happened aside from the following:

-- Went on a field trip to Seahorse Key. It was a real blast and was actually worth missing the Traditional Bowhunters of Florida tournament for. My immune system didn't approve of the saltwater marshes or the mangroves though :(

-- Dabbled with the yahoo picture service. Besides Seahorse Key, I also did one for my Bowtech Equalizer and my Chek-Mate Hunter I. Once I figure out how to post them on my blog, I will post them here!

-- Took first place in the traditional category at the 3-D circuit shoot. Admittedly, it was a rather embarassing score for me (104/300) but heck, it's still a record for me considering I only lost 4 arrows (as opposed to my usual 7-8) and hit 60% of the targets. I've done much better at practices with 80% hit rates and scoring closer to 120/300, but under competetive conditions and extremely cold weather, I can't complain too much! I've now got a base-line for the rest of the season too and some much-needed practice for the upcoming TBoF shoot in March! And wish me luck that none of my professors decide to dump a mandatory field trip on THAT weekend! With luck, maybe I can dodge some of my field trips so I can make it to the rest of the circuit shoots -- after all, I'm also learning about Florida ecosystems... I actually did take my field notes with me to the shoot to practice my plant identification :)

-- Still writing the sequel to Telcontar Restored. It'll be a long time before I post this one, probably an even longer gap than with Telcontar... All I can say at this point is that my ecosystems of Florida class is really leaving its mark on me, as is my time with my shooting buddies!

No comments: