Monday, December 04, 2006

Telcontar FAQ 2/n

First note: I've got final projects and a pretty hefty cold bug that's slowing me down... so I haven't been able to do my natural activity of shooting at random things for a few days (ie, since Saturday afternoon)... and it's making me somewhat batty to say the least. Let's just say the TIN model of my brain is moving towards the need for finer resolution data points...

Here's a few more questions I've gotten (for some reason it's always either private e-mail or on the phone)

Q: What do the students' alternate names signify?
A: Ivan --> Orozslan (lion), Vincent --> Eol Tinuvion (Eol is the name of a dark elf in the Silmarillion, Tinuvion translates to "son of the twilight" or "male nightingale"), Tarathorn --> Imladrien (child of the valley).

Q: What language(s) were you tinkering with this time?
A: Mostly Tolkien's Elvish, but also some Hungarian, Scots & Irish Gaelic, and Finnish.

Q: Are there any maps of the Crossroads, Dunheasa, Mag-na-Oige, etc?
A: In my mind and in very rough sketches. I might post them eventually once I actually get them to a non-embarassing quality.

I'll answer more questions in the next installment once I get through this bug and finals.

No comments: