Tuesday, December 19, 2006

80-70-60-50 Field Walkup




This has to have been one of my best rounds ever... Not a perfect 20 (got a 1X 19) but given the distance, I was extremely excited. My first shot was from 80 yards, which is a bit beyond my sight tape and then the rest of the shots were from 70, 60, and 50 yards respectively. The outlier was from the 50 yard line, where my arm was just getting a bit tired and I dropped my shot. The one in the perfect center was from 70 yards. I have to admit, having a pair of binoculars and taking the time to determine how much of a correction I have to apply to my sight at a given distance was more than worth the effort! I can't wait to get a sight tape that matches my draw weight and arrows so I don't have to spend as much time coming up with correction factors... and I can't wait to get my draw weight up to about 47-48 lbs so I can actually aim for the 80 yards without having to set the sight for 70 yards (to allow for fletching clearance) and hope that my estimates were correct.

Now all I have to keep doing is see if I can get more 19s and 20s by working on my form and aim, although having mostly 17s and 18s is a good start! My lowest score today: 15 at a field target where I had a lot of glare and unusually aggressive insects that weren't bothered by my insect repellent. Highest score today: 20 at a fairly up-close hunter-round target.

No comments: