Saturday, February 01, 2020

Lifts, Shots, and a Charity Shoot!

I've been falling a bit behind on logging in some of my drills, but here's a few of my more noteworthy ones.  I have officially picked up the bow again, although it is secondary to Olympic weightlifting and still have the CrossFit foundation.

Shortly after the USA Archery Indoor Nationals, I decided to have a bit of fun with Xibalba at 70 meters utilizing the cues given to me by Olympic veteran and multi-World Champion winner, Tatyana Muntyan, who is also one of the fittest people I have ever met.  She is a TRUE master's athlete and is someone I have learned a massive amount from in the brief encounters I have had with her. Part of me keeps thinking that if I can get my schedule and logistics together, if I can have her and J. Philyaw work with me as a serious target archer, I can be the toughest creature to destroy targets, defend myself in melee, and still have the versatility cause mayhem like a true warrior.



Then there was some weightlifting. I'm still working on my form as I try to integrate the different cues and techniques I have learned from T. Dreaver, J. Philyaw, and now, V. Freeborn.  I'm still trying to figure out how to optimize my setup to maximize my leg drive, but after consulting a fellow athlete and bouncing ideas back and forth, it looks like most of my issue is coming in from the fact that I do tend to be very front-footed in all I do.




I also shot the Traditional Bowhunters of Florida Charity Shoot because I probably should spend some time with the other half...






































No comments: