Friday, September 13, 2019

More Snatch Work: Dropping Down

I am elated at the progress I'm making in my Olympic lifts, particularly on the snatch! Coach J has been doing a wonderful job of providing me with insights on how to improve my form and leverage my mobility and build.  He has also pointed several amazing resources to me as a supplement to all the coaching he has provided me with along with being extremely patient with me when my brain starts overthinking and/or I make errors in interpreting the physics and cues. 

My 3 position snatch from the ground up prior to the dropping under drills, 65 lbs. It's been a while since I've been able to reliably snatch 65 lbs with halfway decent form. I'm catching very high, and I'm still having a lot of work with position and rhythm, but it's slowly getting there.


And then the drills to help correct my tendency to catch my lifts really high... There's a lot of position work involved as well as remembering what's supposed to activate.  Coach J has a good way of identifying cues that actually work with my brain as well as helping me reverse engineer a lift so I know how to minimize the degrees of freedom for error.


No comments: