Sunday, September 15, 2019

Absolute First Cut at Mononoke Hime

So I've been exploring and branching out with more contemporary music, especially with my keyboard NOT appreciating very much Chopin or Mussorgsky, plus I think I do need to use my fingers with slightly less brain power.  I got very lucky and came across some sheet music for a small subset of the Mononoke Hime Suite adapted for piano plus a fourth movement that I will be working on integrating into it.  Mononoke Hime is a film by Studio Ghibli, and what many of my classmates at Caltech consider to be the inspiration for the creation of Cylithera in my D&D campaigns and stories.  I am probably not very far from posting a follow-up video after cleaning up a couple of parts, particularly in the first movement ("Legend of Ashitaka") and the third movement ("Mononoke Hime") as well as integrating a fourth movement ("San and Ashitaka").




No comments: