Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Front Squats are Fun!

I didn't even think to film myself until after I was done for the day, but I got to a 165 lb front squat, 20 lbs up from my last PR from about a year ago at 145 lbs.  I originally wasn't going to do it because I had been sick for a while and got even sicker after a nuisance social event that destroyed my weekend. It was a relatively easy barbell workout, and the 3x90% of my 1RM front squat felt VERY easy.  I had rounded up too, so I decided to just shoot for a new personal best.  I got to 145 and 155 lbs without any issues, so I went for 165 lbs, which was challenging.  The attempt at 170 lbs didn't go so well - I could tell even before starting my descent, my colon was NOT going to take it, and I didn't want to inflict a Code Brown on the Alpha Wolf or his younger brother.



And there was a belated Hoggetowne photograph as well. This was shot courtesy of either T. Dreaver (aka the awesome Alpha Wolf who has been patiently working with me on my lifts) or K. Dreaver (aka the Alpha Female who makes Crossfit Iron Legion possible)...


No comments: