Saturday, March 10, 2018

Crossfit Open 18.2 and 18.3

Pictures have been rather scarce so far during the Open, but there have been a few here and there...

For 18.3, I scaled, leaving me with 100 single unders, 20 overhead squats at 35 lbs, 100 single unders, 12 chin over bars, 100 single unders, 20 dumbbell snatches at 20 lbs, 100 single unders, 12 chin over bars, and then repeat that entire cycle within 14 minutes.  I died after 220 reps.  Pull-ups and chin-ups have escaped me yet again... my kipping motion has gotten better, but still no cigar.


Killer Parakeet says, "I closed my eyes the entire time because that was terrifying after watching the last two and getting very sick."

I got a couple of pictures out of 18.2 courtesy of I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography. I Rx'ed that one and had the following to do within a 12 minute time-cap:

WHILE t < 12 minutes {
   FOR i := 1 TO 10 DO
     {
       Dumbbell squat (i, 35 lbs);
       Burpee over barbell (i);
     }
   MAX (Clean);
}

I only got 77 reps, but that wasn't too bad for a pair of 35 lb dumbbells and swallowing saliva in the wrong way. 



No comments: