Friday, July 21, 2017

Members' Mayhem, Part 2/2

All of these amazing photographs are courtesy of I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography.

WOD 1 - 25 minutes of *death* by cardio...

Plate burpees aka burpee with chest to plate and then ground to overhead with the darned plate.



Running, running, running! I felt like I had my partner on a leash! I thought I killed her a few times!




Wall balls, 14 lb ball. Good lord I despise wall balls... but talk about balls to the walls!



Very light weight ground to overheads, so I just snatched it, even if I didn't always remember to engage my big glutes to avoid the hitching giddy-up motion!







Ring rows... I must have been pretty tired by the time I got to this to be at such a small angle!



Tallying up the score card while my partner is wondering if she's still alive after WOD 1.  She held up very well, nonetheless!

WOD 2 - Time to get extra filthy with tires filled with greenish-yellowish-brownish organic material! Eew... This is where my partner really, really shined!










And then the less yucky-ish part with air squats, hanging knee raises, and burpees.  Actually I will take organic filth over hanging knee raises... squats are my rest.




I really, really despise hanging anything... I think I will take wall balls over hanging anything where I feel like I'm attempting to be a spider monkey!





WOD 3- The kitchen sink in 18 minutes...




Ooh my elbows didn't quite shoot out properly on the power cleans... which is something I really need to clean up...


American kettle-bell swings with the 1 pood kettlebell! Wheee!!!




I like slam balls (or as I call them, ball slams) much, much more than wall balls! Take that, floor! I didn't like your ugly face anyway!



And then there was the group picture even though we lost the majority of our competitors!

No comments: