Monday, July 10, 2017

Dumbbells for Dorminy 2017

I was supposed to have done in on 7/7/2017, but I ended up doing it on 7/9/2017.  This workout originated from a firefighter who lost his life in the line of duty, and one of our coaches came up with this as a memorial to him.

The WOD itself consists of a 400 meter farmer carry and then 5 rounds of {10 renegade pushups, 10 front squats, 10 push presses, and 10 overhead lunges with 5 on each hand } and finally a 400 meter farmer carry.  Rx weight for females was 35 lbs, but I had to scale massively all the way down to 20 lbs.




I did not die after this workout! The renegade pushups were the worst part, although the 400 meter farmer walks weren't exactly the most peasant after my hands got sweaty and my grip has been fried from all the dumbbell work.  You know it's a brutal workout when front squats, push presses, and overhead lunges are a "break"!

No comments: