Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I Love to Lift!

These are a set of videos I took during my solo barbell practice, mostly to help me figure out where I'm getting stuck in my lifts.  Snatches are especially difficult for me, and from what I have gathered, my hips are moving up too soon, and I'm not exploding upwards as much as I need to, which in turn hinders my ability to drop down below the bar.

The four clips below are of a snatch complex from 35 to 55 lbs, where I start with a snatch pull, progress to a power snatch, and finally, my approximation of a snatch, which is more like a power snatch straight into an overhead squat.




And then there's the actual snatch, where it's more of a power snatch with an overhead squat into it. There's still significant work that needs to be done on my snatches.

Then there were the jerk dips, where I'm working on my leg/torso that will provide the power to my jerk, whether it's split jerk, power jerk, or even the squat jerk if I dared.  These range in weight from 55 to 85 lbs.




And finally, there were the front squat to split jerk drills. These went from 55 to 85 lbs. Overall, I feel pretty confident on low poundage front squats as long as the reps are reasonably low.  My split jerk still needs a little more work on dropping under the bar sooner, making sure I lock out BEFORE I hit the ground, and making sure I have a firm, solid base when I go into my split.




No comments: