Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Down for Donuts by Valkyrie Photography

As always, I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography has done a beautiful job of capturing the intensity of every moment.

WOD 1 involved a 12 minute time cap with the following in scaled female:
 - 15x35 lb overhead squat (squat snatch permitted to initiate a set, easy part)
 - 25x ab-mat sit-ups
 - 35x ring rows (ugggh!!!)
 - 45x26 lb Russian kettlebell swings (easiest part of the WOD)
 - 55x10 lb ball slams
 - 45x26 lb Russian kettlebell swings
 - 35x ring row (not again!)
 - 25x ab-mat sit-ups
 - 15x35 lb overhead squats

Nothing like a 35 lb overhead squat that was initiated by a standard snatch!

And then there was the ball slam... 55 of them!

And the nice, light-weight Russian kettle-bell swing. I think it was only 26 lbs, although 2 sets of 45 reps separated by 55 ball slams was pretty vicious!

The second WOD was my favorite...  hang cleans of any flavor as needed.  I somehow did it all as power cleans, although my clean of choice when I have plenty of time and low reps is the full squat clean.

Looks like I'm already doing my reset for my second lift or my elbows would have been shot out forward.  This was my first and easiest weight - 65 lbs.



From the backside... my final clean at 90 lbs. It felt surprisingly easy.  R. Carmona nicely took a frontal picture of me at 90 lbs.





And the obligatory group picture after the entire event!  Looks like I actually am looking in the right direction!

No comments: