Saturday, March 18, 2017

CrossFit Open 17.4

The pictures have arrived from Valkyrie Photography. As always, I. Ramirez has done a wonderful job of capturing the moment!

Open WOD 17.4 consisted of the following:
- 55 deadlifts (95 lbs for scaled female)
- 55 wall balls (10 lbs for scaled female)
- 55 calorie row
- 55 hand-release pushups

And if I still had time left after 13 minutes, I kept going as many reps as possible. Alas, I ran out of time prior to completing the first iteration.  I only completed 180 reps - 40 hand-release push-ups short of a complete round. I was surprised I got as far as I did on the hand-release push-ups considering I had about 30 seconds to do them because it took me a while to get my feet out of the rower.


I had a really good judge who kept pushing me forward even if he also kept me extra-honest on the wall balls.  He always has a great way of giving the right cues and prompts to make the next several reps better.





And then after my round and judging a couple of rounds, I also had some fun filming bits and pieces of the action. My regular camera took a dump, so I had to use my phone. A few of these are from Valkyrie Photography, as marked in the corner.  I loved watching my own instructors compete and suck air as well!








I almost forgot something... dug up some old sheet music and went to work on it after Down for Donuts today...


No comments: