Saturday, July 05, 2014

Matchplay Shooter of the Year July 2014

Shot the Matchplay Shooter of the Year today, which led to a personal tournament best of a 509/720. I landed a 7/8 qualification round which was pretty good considering I was going up against a lot of high national caliber archers! The only down-side to this event is the industrial grade War on Boogers (tm) going on but this was definitely a great shoot for me with great company!

I also have a set of videos from the semi-finals and medal matches here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz5OzYz3v1I_nGDjZAVR8Emux5UfejDhR

The almost perfect round with my first shot going off a bit and the rest pretty much in place!
 Another very solid round for me with the wind, humidity, and the War on Boogers (tm) raging on!
 Great group, wrong place! My binoculars weren't of much u se this particular round with the light conditions and the fact they were fogged up but looks like I did good!
 My trusty rig!
 Elimination match, 1/8 round before getting slaughtered by one of the nations top cadet archers... Behind me are also some amazing cadet archers.


 This is what 70 meters look like as well as 50 meters. I like 70 meters best!


 My final score card for the qualification round. Not too shabby aside from a rough very first end! Overall I shot very well for myself with challenging wind conditions and a less than comfortable situation with the archer in front of me. Luckily, there were NO barking spiders involved! Well.. I did invoke a few barking spiders, but I tried to keep them in check!

No comments: