Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Masters of the Wind ... or Mastered by the Wind?

Nothing like shooting 70 meters (adult non-compounds) or 50 meters (adult compounds) in winds strong enough to send the scrawny little folks flying!
Compound archers... sure, they shoot the little 80 cm targets with only the inner 5 rings, but I think they should walk the extra 20 meters both ways like those of us in recurve (or as I see it, Not-Compound given that I'm a longbow shooter).
I shared the rightmost target with one of the Olympic Archery Dream Team kids... They are some fun kids to shoot with and I enjoyed chatting with their coach.
Look at the firing line!
My best end by far when I not only made the right adjustments and held my form, but I also made strong, decisive shots at the right time instead of waiting too long or firing too soon.
Thank goodness for tall folks who write legibly AND can add 6 numbers, especially when they're NOT nice and even! And my arrows feel HUGE compared to everyone else's in the Not-Compound division!
The compound shooters made it back to the shooting line after 12+ ends of walking 50 meters back and forth! And is it me, or does someone look like he's got severe indigestion of some sort?

No comments: