Monday, June 18, 2007

Today's Wise Tip of the Day

Phones set to both electrocute mode and ultra-loud with an unusually obnoxious ring-tone are a bad idea in most office situations. Doubly so when it's in a room full of very quiet people and the room is quiet enough to drop a pin and it'll sound super-loud. At least this current phone's electrocute mode is nowhere as bad as the last phone I had before it died a horrible death in the saltwater marshes near Yankeetown.

I have to admit though, the looks on my officemates' faces was quite something when the chorus to Moenia's "Lo Que Tu Digas" (for any archery-related calls) suddenly blasted out of my phone and I jumped about a meter up from my chair. It was even funnier when the chorus to Depeche Mode's "Strangelove" (for CSULA-related calls) also blasted out of my phone about 10 minutes after I finished dealing with the first call and I did the same. Thank goodness I don't have that ring-tone for O-Zone's "Despre Tine" or "Dragostea Din Tei" anymore or that would really cause the fur (and probably the phone) to fly :)

No comments: