Friday, June 15, 2007

An Evening with Hawkwing

So today, I decided to do a bit of 3-D to amuse myself a bit. Hawkwing, by the way, is my 68" longbow, a not-so-maneuverable weapon for me. Anyway, here's all my non-embarassing shots (ie, I hit the first time and suffice to say, I've come to the conclusion that while Hawkwing is a real fun bow to shoot and is actually very forgiving of my technique although it has been a bit picky with arrows (but not as picky as most longbows). I think I prefer to compete with Sorondil-Telcontar -- as fun as Hawkwing is to shoot, I didn't exactly appreciate half of my hits either ricocheting into a nearby patch of some species of Rhus or a hornet's nest or on one target, near a pair of rattlesnakes that were doing things I wish I didn't see. One nice thing though was that the arrows were a whole lot easier to pull out than normal. But yeah, for 3-D, I really prefer a bow that I don't have to arc my shots -- most of my good shots were the ones where I remembered to aim a lot higher than usual and let the arrow "fall" into the target or were close enough where gravity wouldn't quite take its toll!











No comments: