Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Oddly Fascinating Plus Other Bits

For some reason, I'm just oddly fascinated with this song (and video) by Moenia. I have to admit, I'm a huge Moenia (and Depeche Mode and Erasure) fan -- there's something really intriguing about their songs, plus their singer, Alfonso Pichardo, has an awesome singing voice. I'd even say that I like his voice better than Dave Gahan (lead singer of Depeche Mode) and Andy Bell (singer of Erasure), and they're both really good singers, at least in my book. I can't wait to hear Moenia's new album, Solar -- the bits and pieces I've heard sound great and I really enjoyed the two singles I've heard so far, especially "Sufre Conmigo" ("Suffer With Me")

I'm still preparing for a talk I have to give tomorrow on the effects of Serenoa repens cover at the base of Pinus elliottii trees on arthropods' utilization of trees to escape from fire. Three minutes is incredibly short, but I did a few practice rounds and I usually have about 3-4 seconds remaining on the clock, so I feel somewhat ready. I also need to prepare a talk on Friday about a modelling paper I read:

Baldocchi, DD, Wilson, KB, and Gu, L. (2002) How the environment, canopy structure and canopy physiological functioning influence carbon, water and energy fluxes of a temperate broad-leaved deciduous forest -- an assessment with the biophysical model CANOAK. Tree physiology 22 pp. 1065-1077

Things are definitely sizzling at school... and I'm already feeling an intense itch to go shooting and the last time I shot was Sunday afternoon! I think I'm going to go shooting as soon as I'm done with my presentation tomorrow so I don't turn into the demon that my office-mates and colleagues have come to fear!

No comments: