Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Is My Ceiling Gonna Collapse?

Apparently I've got neighbors upstairs who drop a lot of stuff on the floor and/or like to jump up around quite a bit. I also hear a lot of squeaking noises that suggest that something seriously needs to be oiled. Usually it's a non-issue since I'm usually either oblivious or blasting music, but every now and then when I'm trying to sleep, I'll hear squeaking and thumping from upstairs. I've come close to going upstairs and tactfully leaving a can of WD-40 at their door to let them know that the forester/archer downstairs actually sleeps every now and then. I do know that they're a bit uneasy around me ever since they saw me running around with my Bowtech Equalizer and my dear Chek-Mate Hunter I. For some reason, they don't like making eye contact with me either -- might have something to do with the fact that they usually see me with a weapon and/or singing very off-key. As long as my neighbors don't drop dead on me and stay dead for days at a time, I'm happy -- had a neighbor at my last apartment who did abruptly drop dead and left a pretty ripe stench in the complex right around the same time I was finishing up my senior thesis. I'll also be happy if my ceiling doesn't collapse on me because my neighbors upstairs are doing whatever they're doing make all those noises!

And now time for me to go back to working on my presentation on the CANOAK model and building a matrix-based population model of Iriartea trees based on different harvesting regimes! Maybe I'll also sneak in some more quality time with either the Equalizer or my trusty Chek-Mate (aka my other half) once I reach a stopping point in my work.

No comments: