Friday, October 27, 2006

Telcontar, Absolute First Draft

I have finally finished my absolute first non-embarassing draft of Telcontar Restored. There will be many more revisions, as always. This one was definitely a tough one to work on, but overall, I'm pleased with the results, aside from the numerous loose ends from something of this magnitude that always come up. I do have the next story starting to form, which I'm not sure how long it'll take to write. I really feel a strong connection to some of my characters in Telcontar, particularly the Geeksters (Vincent and Ivan) and Tarathorn. And no, there's no Killer Parakeet in this one, although he does get mentioned here and there.

Disclaimer about Telcontar: There may be some stark resemblance to real people that aren't coincidental. This is only in the case of the Caltech professors. The rest of the characters may have bits and pieces of quirks taken from other critters that I thought would be fun to incorporate. This is especially true for the Geeksters, who are inspired from my favorite bands and various people I've hung out with over the years.

A hearty thank-you to everyone who somehow contributed to this story from all the (mis)adventures we've shared, whether in person or from stories and tall-tales. Without all the fascinating and weird critters I've lived/live around or read/heard about, fun stories like Telcontar and Dunheasa would not be possible!

Reminder to self: keeping the same CD on repeat isn't always the brightest of ideas! I now have several Erasure songs stuck in my head!

And now, I've got to make my little journey to the second star to the right and go straight on 'til morning!

No comments: