Thursday, October 12, 2006

Part 3... and then some!

As I clean up the second installment of what I've tentatively called the Telcontar series, I'm already starting to think of some stuff for a third installment of the story because I somehow created so many additional opportunities to explore not only the young heroes, but also the worlds they explore. I can't promise any time-frames to post Telcontar Restored because my #1 priority is school and my creative abilities do fluctuate fairly randomly even if there is a fairly strong correlation between creativity and stress levels. I also have a lot of catch-up time for honing in on my outdoors and shooting skills, especially now that I'm starting to integrate techniques from shooting compound into my instinctive traditional shooting. It's really weird how I have a hard time holding my shot on my trusty recurve after taking several shots on my compound, but at the same time, I'm getting to be a bit of a better snap-shooter because of it. I still like to hold my shots on a traditional bow for a count of 3-5, depending on the distance, but being able to shoot as soon as I hit my anchor and still maintain both my form and aim is a very useful skill too, especially if I ever have to do timed competitions or hunt something besides foam and plastic.

Oh and there's a link to an extremely cute video I found on YouTube when I had to take a breather from working on my prospectus and/or homework (especially ecological statistics and plant ecophysiology). There's just something oddly appealing about Erasure videos inspired by fairy tales, mythology, and/or random children's stories.

And now, time for me to continue working on my plans to conquer the world... er... curl up so I can wake up for my early morning experimental design class and endure a long day of seminars.

No comments: