Wednesday, June 22, 2005

SpecNet Excitement

I can't quite hold this in, even if it may be a while before I actually pull this off...

I got positive reviews on my revised paper on the use of the 970nm water band index for monitoring chaparral evapotranspiration and so with a few more minor revisions, I'll get published in the SpecNet special edition of Remote Sensing of Environment. Even though I got the news yesterday, I'm still giddily happy about this since I've never really had anything published (unless you count me in an acknowledgement on someone's PhD dissertation on uranium sorption on various minerals), much less being the first author on a paper! I can't believe that I'd actually get this far, to actually be on the verge of being published in a pretigious journal! I feel... flattered... especially since in their e-mail to me they addressed me as Dr. and not Ms. or Miss... and to think that I haven't even started on my PhD yet! I know there's a lot of people who've published at earlier ages with less schooling/research experience than me in really prestigious journals but it's still a delightful feeling knowing that I actually did something significant and the thrill is up there with things like love's first kiss.

No comments: