Thursday, June 16, 2005

Don't Attempt This At Home

This actually happened a few weeks ago but I didn't have the nerve to post it then...

So I was enjoying a bottle of cranberry juice and I noticed that it tasted slightly different, but I assumed it was because my taste buds were slightly off from too little sleep, too much stress, and probably the super-spicy meal I just had. I just continued drinking and drinking it since it did taste really good. Then I tried to practice the harp and simple passages became unusually difficult for me. Ok, I'm just a bit tired. I'll start typing. Then I found that I couldn't type worth beans. Ok, so I'm REALLY tired. The real answer came up when I was walking around and found it hard to balance. This is getting weird. Then it struck me when I was starting to feel a headache come on and slightly nauseous. Holy crap, this feels like when I'm really drunk. I checked the expiration date on the bottle of cranberry juice, and sure enough, it was long past expiration. I was surprised I didn't see anything gross in it. And then the realization struck me -- I accidentally made moonshine and got drunk off of it! I finally put 1 and 1 together to make 10!

Let's just say... I now make it a point to be a lot more aware of what's in my fridge. I woke up with the biggest headache ever... actually, no, the second largest, with the absolute largest headache reserved for the time I walked into a wall with a nail sticking out of it and hit my forehead on the nail...

No comments: