Thursday, August 29, 2019

Speed, Position, and Balance...

There's hope for me in the snatch after a mentally taxing training session with Coach J, who has been especially nice to me and taking the time to really work with me to try and clean up various habits of mine.  Once we got the general movement patterns, which incorporates a fast halting snatch deadlift, a modified fast Romanian deadlift without full extension, snatch pulls, and eventually muscle and power snatches, we experimented with weight to see where my form tends to break down. It broke pretty early at only 50 lbs.








The rationale for this drill is to help maintain proper balance, bar path, and tension in the right areas. Apparently, I have a tendency to tense up in my arms and shoulders way too early in anticipation of pulling up, so I'm also learning to "fire" up when the bar contacts my pocket, which also forces me to drop down much faster (usually...)

No comments: