Sunday, August 18, 2019

Snatch pulls and snatches

So I struggle with my snatch pulls because I'm maintaining tension in the wrong places and not getting enough of the up component on my chest and elbows. Working on pulls from various points has helped significantly, as well as adjusting my stance and grip.  This was from a solo workout today, minus Coach J, who has been instrumental in reversing years of questionable habits and trying to get me to lift more like the Chinese and eastern Russian athletes based on my anatomy and build.



I'm hoping to spend some quality time with Coach J, who troubleshoots the folks that Coach T hasn't quite been able to debug, so I can develop a much more powerful, efficient snatch and get past my 85 lb barrier.  I'd also like to get past my 120 lb barrier on the clean & jerk...

No comments: