Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Snatch Work With Lots of Verbal Cues

There is a second coach who works with me extensively on my lifts and has been my technical go-to person the last several months when I have questions that start delving further into physics and/or need more unorthodox cues.  I have a tendency to start my pull way too early as well as swinging myself and the bar instead of pushing/driving upwards.

This is me working on my snatch pulls, which is probably 99% of why I struggle with executing snatches properly and missing on my heavier weights. It's the equivalent of Hydra or Bronco misfiring while trying to flip someone in the air.


And then there's the snatch.  The second one was a significant misfire with me pulling the bar into myself instead of pushing my way up.  According to Coach J, my third snatch was the best one because I didn't start the actual pull until I was at my pocket, my feet stayed in position at the top of the snatch, and the bar actually went further back, startling me a bit because I'm used to it landing a bit more forward.  With proper position, including my weight being more forward and properly getting into proper triple extension, I can also drop under the bar much more quickly, allowing me to catch lower.


No comments: