Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Double Unders...

I'm still a long way from being remotely proficient, but this was a baseline clip I took of myself early during practice.  One of the coaches has since worked with me on my form to make sure I use my wrists a whole lot more.  Nearly every class has involved said coach yelling to me, "Less arm, more wrist!"


And then there was Barbell Club, where I focused on my form on especially light weights. I'm still in wimp mode with flawed anatomy and physiology, but extra wimpy is better than nothing.  Most of the focus was actually at about 50% of my clean & jerk and getting the following to happen: engaging my glutes and hamstrings, making sure to open up my knees once the barbell approaches my knees from mid-shin, getting my knees to spring back simultaneously with my hips opening forward, and making sure that I am only moving in the y-plane.  The change to my cleans also apply to my snatches.  I also had a coach have me stand uncomfortably close to the rig so that if I do the hitching / giddy-up movement, I would feel something poke me in the rear end.



No comments: