Friday, August 04, 2017

Barbell Clean: Debugging

Here are the other videos including a 3 position clean to better assess where my form tends to do well and where it falters.  It's the transition that gives me the most difficulty, but premature pulling has also crept in when my central nervous system fries.


And then there was the snatch balance, where I tend to do a bit of a lurch and a heaving motion, turning it into a heaving snatch balance.  This is good practice for me to drop down faster to catch the bar lower after I hit triple extension and pull the bar as high as it will go.


Finally there's the jerk balance, which is the jerk version of the snatch balance.  I chose to use a split jerk for this because it is the one that gives me the best shot of dropping below the bar quickly and maintain better control of the bar, although a power jerk or a squat jerk may also be eventually feasible once I get my strength and mobility up to par.


No comments: